- Expert mountaineering guide.
- Skilled local staff who has ample knowledge of the route.
- Transportation from Leh to Trekking Point on Day 4 and Trekking Point to Leh on Day 8.
- Daily Breakfast starting from Day 1 to Day 9.
- Vegetarian meals on the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) starting on Day 4 Pack Lunch to Day 8 breakfast.
- Stay in Guest Houses on Triple/Quad sharing basis in Leh on Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 8.
- Hot water in buckets shall be provided on request while staying in Guest House in Leh.
- Stay in Alpine/Dome Tents on Triple/Quad Sharing basis on Day 4, Day 5, Day 6 and Day 7.
- Common Kitchen/Dining/Toilet tents will be used during the trek.
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- Porters for carrying common equipment (like rations/tents/utensils/groceries).
- Equipment – Tents on triple & quad sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mats.
- Basic First aid Kit with a portable oxygen cylinder.
- Facility of keeping extra luggage at Leh when leaving for trek.
- GST @5%
- Airport Pick-up and Drop
Ladakh has various treks and beautiful camping locations. What sets Ladakh apart for travellers is the Chadar Trek which is quite challenging yet mesmerizing owing to its scenic beauty. That one glimpse of the topmost sections of the Himalayas would certainly awe an individual because of its breathtaking view.
The temperature during the trek varies from around -5 to -20 degrees celsius and the trekkers would occasionally face steep rocks along with facing treacherous sections of the Zanskar River. While this trek would offer a lot of difficult challenges, to the maximum point of questioning oneself, one would find all the answers once you observe and become a part of the Mighty Himalayas. And trust us, it would certainly be a life changing experience.
Leh, Ladakh is the largest province within the North Indian State of Jammu and Kashmir. It is surrounded and bisected by some of the highest mountain ranges in the world. Running in a generally northwest to southeast direction through Ladakh, the great Himalayan Range separates the valley of Kashmir from Ladakh.
Upon arrival you will meet a Himalayan Luxury Bivouacs representative who will transfer you to hotel in Leh. Upon arrival, proceed for check-in. Since you are reaching an altitude of 4000mtrs approx from 200mtrs in just one hour’s time, you may be excited and would want to explore everything very first day however it is your body which needs to get acclimatized to such height and climate. We sincerely suggest that you rest on the first day for body acclimatization.
Experiencing in-house games for children. Overnight stay in Leh with Movie Projection, Live Music, Barbeque & Bonfire.
Wake up early after spending your first night in Leh and kick-start the day by acclimatizing yourself at high altitude. You will then walk towards a sacred Buddhist Stupa, Shanti Stupa, to witness an all together beautiful sunrise along with capturing a panoramic view of the town of Leh. Remember to keep yourself hydrated as this would get your body ready for the upcoming adventure.
This particular trek would need you to get a medical check up done at Sonam Narbu hospital as the government has made it compulsory for all the trekkers to obtain a clearance certificate. We suggest you to improve your stamina and energy, for removing the thin line between your fitness level and the Great Chadar Trek.
Once it’s done, you will have sufficient time to roam around in the market and try the local cuisine. Thukpa along with Kulcha and Qahwa(can you feel the heavenly aroma?) would go hand in hand.
After delicious breakfast, you would head towards Shingra Coma, a drive not for the timorous hearted as you will face a lot of hairpin bends with bumpy rides accompanying you and your fellow travelers. After a certain point, de-board from the vehicle and start trekking towards Somo Paldar campsite. Your Chadar Trek expedition starts here. Also, do not forget to keep your eyes wide open because the view will get your adrenaline rush flowing. Up for the magnetic view?
This morning will get you going to Tibb Cave which will provide you shelter for the night. In this 7-8 hrs stretch, you will witness various frozen waterfalls and you will also cross gorges and ravines. Butter tea would give you relief and we recommend you to try it. Spend your night waiting to witness the most scenic view of the region.
Today, you will be taking steps towards the most picturesque day of the entire journey that you have accomplished till now. You will be spellbound after witnessing the largest frozen waterfall and the prayer flags will get your heart humming. The bridge built next to the waterfall is used in summers to reach Zanskar from Leh.We camp at night in Naerak with locals and you would be surprised to see their way of living. Enjoy a cozy night.
Start walking back to Tibb Cave and once again spend your night in the raw shelter. This night would let you capture all your thoughts and memories. Maybe, penning it down would be a good option. You would find locals wearing traditional woolen Gonchas(robes). Remember, the return trail would make you witness the river in a different form as it quickly reacts to any change in the temperature. The entire frozen river might have taken an all together varied form.
Get ready to leave Tibb Cave and proceed to Shingra Koma via Gyalpo. This trail would not fail to surprise you as you will get a chance to witness high mountains along with footprints of wild animals like Snow Leopard, Foxes and Himalayan Ibex. And if you are really lucky, you might end up spotting them because they would surely be gazing at you. Silently. After reaching Shingra Coma, drive back to Leh and stay overnight at the hotel.
They say that we conquer the mountains but honestly you would find enough reasons to conquer yourself. The journey would come to an end here as you once again get ready to depart and say goodbye after having your morning breakfast. You came here to cover the Chadar Trek but you will leave from here with all the energy and experiences with yourself.
- Personal trekking equipment – like Gum Boots, trekking poles or sleeping bag liners.
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation.
- Purchases of personal nature (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc).
- Personal Porters for carrying trekker’s backpacks @ INR 3750 Per 10 KGs for 5 days from Day 4 to Day 8 subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Any Meals & Transportation when in Leh on Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 8 and Day 9.
- ALTOA Permission, wildlife tax, Environment Tax, Forest Permits and camping charges of INR 5000/-(The fee may be revised).
- Room Heaters at Guest House in Leh (We suggest not to use the room heaters as the same dehydrate the body and your body won’t get acclimatize to gear up for the Chadar trek).
- Cost of transport, meals and stay if in case you leave the trek in between and return to Leh before the schedule arrival on Day 8.
- There is no centralized heating and Portable heaters provided.
- All passengers have to report 02 hrs prior to the departure due to security checking at the Airport.
- Names of hotels mentioned in our offer only indicate that our rates are based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey to you the confirmation of accommodation at these hotels.
- Only Jewellery and laptops will be allowed for cabin baggage.
- The vehicle used is non air-conditioned and is available for point to point services only and is not at disposal.
- Clients are requested to follow the timings in the program. In case any services are missed due to delay in departure, the operator will not be responsible.
- Clients are requested to carry, body lotion, sun glasses, and warm clothes along with them.
- Kindly contact us for Monkhood & Adventure Experiences like Biking, rafting, Trekking & Wildlife Safari’s.